Wednesday, July 21, 2010

TOMS

so for the past year or so, i have been wanting a pair of TOMS shoes really bad, but have never been able to cough up $40 bucks. well good thing about jobs is...YOU GET MONEY!!! so you know what that means....yep, i got myself my first pair of TOMS. and i do say first, because let me assure you, i WILL be getting more. and not only do i want more shoes, i now want the whole store of merchandise, including shirt, necklace, sweatshirt, hat, flag, the whole sha-bang. in one word, i'm obsessed. i am wearing my beautiful shoes as we speak, and i simply cant take them off my feet, thats how much i love them. I've had them for about 3 days, and have not touched another pair of shoes the whole time. i'm in love. but even though the shoes are amazing comfortable, and completely adorable, i love the cause even more. i absolutely love the fact that by doing something as simple as buying some shoes, i am helping little kids who don't even have the most simple commodities of life. all my life i have taken shoes for granted, i mean shoes were one thing i could always count on having. every school year i would get another brand spanking new pair to add to my collection, and when my shoes got gross, or over worn, i would throw them out and buy some more. but to think of kids who don't even have one single pair to wear, it honestly breaks my heart. to these kids, the major thing we fight for in life don't matter, the things we spend our whole lives to achieve, aren't even on their minds. instead they are forced to walk around in a harsh environment, getting sores and diseases that can be spread through their bare feet. so when i think that my pair of shoes, which i love, will help a child in need get the same amazing pair of shoes, its quite amazing. but don't take my word for it, read on the website,http://www.toms.com/, I've been on it everyday for the last 5 days, obviously because i'm obsessed, and i cant get enough of the organization. in fact, my new goal is to become an intern sometime in the next few years and be able to help more hands on. well now that I've gone on and on about how much i love TOMS, go an get yourself a pair :] and see for yourself how amazing it feels to wear TOMS!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I like the boots... I wonder if they donate two pairs of shoes when you buy the boots since they cost twice as much

Amber said...

Rich was going to work for Toms they are in Santa Monica and Malibu. It's a great company!