Wednesday, August 31, 2011

hooray for workouts!

so one of my many goals for this year was to go to the gym at least 3 times a week. i'm trying to change to a healthier lifestyle, and i was determined that once i lived on my own i would change. well i have some good news for you, i have made some great changes! i've been eating super healthy. and by healthy i mean eating nothing else but veggies, fruit, grilled chicken, and the occasion pb sandwich made on whole wheat bread, and bowl of cereal. literally. obviously once i cook more meals i'll want to switch things up a bit, but as of right now i'm content. and i walk 30 minutes to school everyday, probably about 15 minutes total walking around campus, and 20ish minutes walking back from campus. but on top of all this i know i needed to work on the goal i had set for myself and go to the gym 3 times a week at least. the first day of school was a little to hectic and crazy to go, and yesterday i was so sick i was on the verge of throwing up! so that meant i had to go today tomorrow and Friday. when i got to my room the only thing i really wanted to do was take a nap. but after getting a few things settled i put on my workout attire and did the difficult task of unlocking my bike and getting it down the stairs to go to gym. (its not as easy as it sounds i promise! haha) it only took about 10 minutes to bike to the gym, then i did a average length workout and headed back. i felt GREAT! i've always loved working out, its the just the forcing myself to go part that is so hard. but let me tell you, after working out, its the best prospect to have to bike back to your condo. especially when parts are up hill. lets just say i probably wasn't going much faster than the pedestrians and people probably wondered why i was moving like a slug. school was also a great day, and although my classes are going to require a lot of work, i think at this point i'm going to enjoy them. so we will see.

things i recognized today
-waking up is still hard to do even if you've had 8 hours of sleep
-the day is however a little more manageable when you get your beauty sleep
-i love that byu made their gym 10000000 time better and bigger and nicer and prettier
-i'm so happy ally taught me how to make the world easiest most delicious fruit smoothies (v8 fusion juice and whatever frozen fruit you feel like adding that day)
-i hate anything dealing with money...oh wait im going to be an accountant aren't i??

4 comments:

Stacey said...

When I walked to school every day living there my freshman year I stayed pretty fit (I think if Ryan had known the truth he might have thought twice.)
I'm listening to the hunger games right now and I only listen to it when I'm being productive (laundry dishes cooking etc) or working out. It works for me so you could see if it makes getting yourself to the gym any easier.

Megan Bahr said...

Totally agree about the healthier lifestyle. That's my number one goal tied with good grades haha. If you want, you could join me and Corinne work out at 6 AM. We're doing p90x. I know how mornings are for you haha, but the invitation is always open. :]

theclarkgirls said...

Keep up the great work! I love you!

Taylor said...

favorite quote of the post..."oh wait i'm going to be an accountant, aren't i?!" hahahahaha. LOVE YOU!!