Friday, February 25, 2011

adventures in playland


so i'm purposefully avoiding day 13, because i don't like the topic. in fact i'm dreading it, so instead ill write about a fun little adventure i had yesterday...in McDonald's play-place. so i was watching my cousin Stacey's 2 little kids for about an hour while she had class. her kids are adorable, and the calmest little things ever! so since it was only for an hour and a half, we just went to McDonald's so she could play on the play-place and eat, then we could go back to Stacey's class. so, number one, i got to use Stacey's car, which is the same kind of car i had back home. let me just say, it was AMAZING to be able to drive again :] even though i still don't know Provo's streets well, it was fun :] so when we got to the play-place, Kaylee ran right to the stairs and started exploring...only problem, you know that thing, where there is alternating platforms to get into the slide and you have to climb up them almost like stairs? well, she was to short to reach the second one. so she just stood there, really wanting to get up. after about 10 minutes, with no other kids helping i knew there was only one choice...for me to climb in there. wow, can i just see those things are way more fun when you are 5?! luckily after that first time, this cute little girl and later a different boy kept helping her up so i didn't have to do that again!! haha! but, this just reminded me of a situation i had when i was little. so picture this, me, about the age of 6 (i'm totally guessing because i don't remember) on a little trip to McDonald's with just me and my grandma Clark. me being the little adventurer i was ran right up inside and then got lost. yes i know you may be thinking "how in the world can you get lost in a plastic playground?!" well let me tell you, i can get lost anywhere, no matter how small. i guess my directional downfalls didn't start when i got my licence. so of course, i started crying and my poor old grandma had to come save me. at least i think it was her who came and got me, hahah. all i remember is that horrible panicked feeling i have come to hate. and thats my story folks. haha

No comments: