Tuesday, March 15, 2011

clean clothes, cursive, cheerios, children and charity

So now that my little 30 day challenge is over, i can blog about whatever i want! so ill just share some random happenings of the last few weeks.

so when i got my own room i promised myself it would stay clean. and for about a week it really did! and then i did laundry...
when i do laundry, i wait sooo long that i have to do like 3 loads all at once. and that is about a 2 hour process with our laudry room. so it takes so long, and so much effort (and i hate laundry anyways) that once it is actually clean, it stays in that basket forever. then i wear most of the clothes anyway so it goes straight to the clean clothes to the dirty clothes and usually skips the drawers all together! haha its a horrible habit.

so the other day, well a few weeks ago, i randomly wanted to start writing in cursive. so i did. now in my journal i only write in cursive. and my writing sucks, but its really fun :]


darn cheerios. i think they are the most addicting food ever invented. i dont know why, but now, if i buy a box of cheerios they are gone soo fast! for example, my last box: 3 days! we didnt even go through them that fast at home hahah.

on sunday, i went to my aunts house for my cousin Melissa's birthday. it was super fun and i loved hanging out with the family. then Jennae, Stacey, and i took the little kids to the park. they are so funny and adorable, i just love them!





and yesterday i donated blood! i was super nervous, and it was totally spur of the moment, but i decided to overcome my fear becasue people way less fortunae than me need it. so i sucked it up and did it. the last time, and only other time, i donated blood i did it at City of Hope, which a hospital really close to me that is only for cancer patients. When you donate there, it is soooo nice! its not scary at all, it was basically painless, and the doctors are super nice! also, the blood they get from donations is only used within thier hospital, so they dont sell it anywhere else and it helps people with cancer. so i thought my experience would be somewhat the same at this little setup at our school...it wasnt. i dont know why, but it hurt the whole time, my arm was stinging, i felt like i was going to barf and they used my right arm, even after i told them last time i got it out of left arm. My doctor guy said, and i quote "oh well, this arm will be fine" after he used the blood pressure thing and practically made me loose circulation. lets just say, it was not fine! but i still helped people, so i'm ok :] i've just come to realize i will never do it anywhere but city of hope from now on. they are awesome!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

i stinkin love your guts! and i enjoy reading your blog...alot! haha. i like the cursive :) and i, too, have recently found a love for honey nut cheerios! i think we went through the box in 2 days. bad thing because i prob have 3 servings in one sitting :/ oops. anywho...look forward to your blogidy blog! peace out y0!

Stacey said...

fun blog! I think my favorite picture is all the girls lined up thinking they can climb that latter that they can't! I am such a wuss and so self centered. I've never given blood. Our clothes here have been known to skip the drawers a little too. Especially the kids pajamas!