Monday, September 19, 2011

count your many blessings

my friend Alison is doing a blog with things she is grateful for. so i took her lead and decided to do a weekly post of 10 things I'm grateful for. many will be repeats, because the things i have i am soooo blessed to have. but i will try and think of specific things I'm grateful for, so i realize how wonderful life is and so it wont get boring.
number 1. i am grateful that my sister is coming here soon for my birthday. i feel like she necessary to breath, and when we are together i feel complete. so I'm happy i get to steal her away for a few days from Cali :)
number 2. i am grateful for my bishop. i was talking to him yesterday, and he just gave me so much perspective, and he really helped me realize my true nature.
number 3. i am grateful for my hair. it sounds vain, but I'm not i promise! it is so simple, i just wake up and go, and i love the color, because it reminds me of me. that doesn't really make sense, but it does to me. i love my hair.
number 4. i am grateful for my roommates. they are so nice, and they make me happy to be around. i lucked out for sure.
number 5. i am grateful for my niece and nephew. they may be the cutest people to walk this planet. my life is ten fold better now that they are here.
number 6. i am grateful for rice. i just really love rice.
number 7. i am grateful for the random people in my life that i can always count on to make me smile. maybe that person i sit by in a certain class, or that person who i always walk by at the same time. or my teachers that say the funniest things, or people from my ward who always wave as they walk by. people that i don't know closely, but always put a smile on my face.
number 8. i am oh so very thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ. because of him, i am happy. because of him, i can be free from unnecessary heartache.
number 9. i am thankful for the temple. inside and out it is beautiful. the work performed there is one of the most magnificent parts of Heavenly Fathers plan. i am grateful that i am able to go and feel that peace, and feel the love Christ has for me, its wonderful.
number 10. i am grateful for my bike. i love that squeaky pink thing. i sure does make life easier, and a lot more fun.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

i am grateful for you as well!! Love your list! look forward to reading it each week :)

rebecca said...

I try to think of 1 thing I'm grateful for before I fall asleep at night. It's the best mood booster.