Monday, September 5, 2011

the joys of 9 o'clock church

this year, my ward meets at 9 o'clock in the morning. i'm not a person who enjoys waking up early, especially when you stay up late at night on saturday, so i wasn't exactly thrilled by the idea of early morning sundays. but let me tell you, it leads to glorious naps!! i came home and was able to take a 3 hour nap! to some that might seem excessive, but once i get sleeping i just cant stop hahaha. also i had 2 nights in a row of little sleep, so it was worth it. and ill be honest, 9 is 100 percent better than the 1:30 i had last year, so i cant complain! today was a great Sabbath day, made much better by the fact that i have to read a lot for my new testament class, so i read about 40 pages today, it really kept my mind focused on Christ, and made me remember why we were given a Sabbath day. I love the Savior so very much, and this past week i have had to rely so much on Him and pray daily for strength and i am so grateful for that. Without His atonement i could not be forgiven of my wrongdoings and i would be a truly miserable person. His gospel gives me strength and happiness and a purpose for this life. i love Him.



This painting is so beautiful to me. it is my favorite story in the new testament, and it really gives me a strong desire to build my faith in Christ. This woman had amazing faith, she knew so strongly that he was the Son of God that all she had to do was touch his robe and she would be cured of her blood disease. i hope that if i were in her position, and i was blessed enough to be that close to Christ, that i would have the faith to reach out and touch his robe and be healed.


1 comment:

Taylor said...

Beautiful post!!!! :) i love you...and you are seriously an example to me! You are such an amazing, strong girl and you'll be blessed for all your efforts! xoxo.

and yes, naps are fabulous!!!!