Thursday, September 8, 2011

not so abstract now

so you know how you always hear about "challenges" and "obstacles" and how they make you stronger and are really just stepping stones, and i know you are all thinking "yes. its not like i haven't had 100.6 lessons about this, duhh everyone knows challenges come, and everyone knows they suck while they last, but looking back only made you better." well i always learned that too dear friends, don't think i'm stupid and don't listen to people. but let me tell you, when hard times actually come, it doesn't just feel like a lesson anymore. its real life. now obviously my challenges don't compare to some peoples hardships, but still, these last few weeks have been not so fun at all.


ill just give you all the short story, but my loans weren't coming through, meaning if i didn't pay tuition soon all my classes would be dropped, i had about $20 in the bank to pay for my living expenses, and then to top it all off...my car got towed!! yayyy for stupid parking spots, who doesn't want to pay $225 and get lost just to get your car back?! so last night i just felt a little defeated. i just said to Heavenly Father "please, i really just cant do this anymore. please please please let things work out and have my financial stuff come through." so i woke up this morning, and i had an email from the financial place, and guess what, everything worked out. and lets just say today was a FANTASTIC day!! my classes were stimulating and exciting, my few hours of sleep felt like 12, and my hair just worked great haha. i'm so glad i have someone watching over me, because i would be a mess without God in my life. and i love school. that is all.

p.s. if i look sad in my picture, its because i was. and if i look like i just got run over and thrown to the side of the road (aka really unattractive) its because that's how i felt.

3 comments:

theclarkgirls said...

so sorry this happened to you! I know it's been rough, but we can get through it. I'm so glad the financial loan came through. I love you!

The Skousens said...

So glad that everything all worked out!!! And by the way, at first glance at this pic (before I pushed to enlarge it), it kinda looked like me.

Taylor said...

Amen sista!!! "God is good!" haha. you are going to have an amazing year!!! love you!